PDA

View Full Version : Members Area Access

shelbyforums
December 14th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Members Area Access
It is getting a little frustrating dealing with your member area access to download updated versions. I have 2 licenses for PhotoPost Pro, 1 Classifieds and 1 Reviews. Why can't you list these all in one area? Right now I am logged into the Classifieds area and need to get to the PP Pro area to download 4.8.2. It seems the only way to do this is to clear my cookies and re-login to the PP member area. You should have a logout button to clear the cookie for me because as it is right now, it (https://www.photopost.com/members/members.pl) keeps sending me back to the Classifieds license and download page. You should make a page where your customers can toggle between the products. Maybe one member page where you can choose Reviews, PP Pro or Classifieds? If you can spend the time to do all those great modifications to ViperAlley then you should spend a little time to make the PhotoPost/Reviewpost/Classifieds site more user friendly. Just my .02.
RS

ScottW
December 14th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Unfortunately there's no way to add a logout button to clear the authentication login - the browser just doesn't reliably support that, I've checked. Right now, the best way to switch from logging in under a PhotoPost license to logging in under a PhotoPost Classifieds license is simply to close your IE browser windows and relaunch IE - you should not need to clear cookies.

Michael P
December 14th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Since we use htaccess for user access, the browser controls the passwords. It's not a cookie setting - its the browser reautheticating the same user that had prior access. Shutting down and restarting the browser is the only way to reset that behavior.

shelbyforums
December 15th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Ok, that's what I will do. Thanks,
RS