PDA

View Full Version : Changing "Asking Price" in Template

HobbyTalk
December 12th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the instructions on how to add templates. I am attempting to create a "Swap/Trade" template. It will pretty much be like the For Sale template but where the "Asking Price" goes I would like for them to be able to input what they want to swap for.

As the template stands, if anything but numbers are entered, it comes up as Best Offer. How can I change this template to allow alpha input?

Chuck S
December 12th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Simply put you can not without alot of modifying. The one your toying with is strictly numeric float variable.

It would be alot easier to add another row in the template for what your looking to do and modify the scripts to add and look for and display that NEW mysql field.

HobbyTalk
December 12th, 2004, 10:48 PM
I was afraid of that. Can't imagine I am the only one looking to use a Classified script and find the need for a Swap feature.

Michael P
December 13th, 2004, 10:39 AM
You might consider changing the template to use an Extra field and ignore the asking price column all together. Then you can change the display template to show the extra field in place of where the asking price field goes.

HobbyTalk
December 13th, 2004, 11:07 AM
That's an idea... thanks!