PDA

View Full Version : Liscense/Members Area Question

Semere
November 30th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Hi all,
Was just wondering like a year and some change ago I bought both Photopost Pro and GMS for my website. I have since then moved hosts and also reformatted my computer. Why is it that I can't download the software that I paid for? I don't really care for the updates at this time but would be able to download the software that I paid for. I don't want the most recent but you should still be able to download the latest software that was avaialbe at the time your liscense expired. If someone can help me out please let me know!

Thanks,
Roger Wolfe

Chuck S
November 30th, 2004, 10:07 PM
You must have members access to download the software. We do not link old versions of the software. When you buy a license you get members access to download the software for one year. This of course assumed you keep a copy of your old software locally.

Every company I know of operates just like us. Vbulletin and Infopop are the same way. If your members access has expired you can not get in to download software.

Semere
November 30th, 2004, 10:22 PM
So its $200 dollars and some change and then hope you never loose it? I mean I am not the best person in the world I try to keep the best backups possible mistakes do happen in life. I would just like to be able to download it agian so that I could use it. Also just so you know not every company is the same no but people who buy the lifetime liscense should be able to get a copy without to much hassle. I would totally understand the members access area not being able to download after a year but I bought something I can use for life not just something I am leasing for a year.

Semere
December 1st, 2004, 12:10 AM
Can you at least allow me to download GMS untill I can afford to reup my members area? I see it isn't even able to be purchased anymore.

Michael P
December 1st, 2004, 08:30 AM
Some companies don't even allow a year. When I buy products online from ULEAD, I have like a month to make three attempts to download. When I lost my data in a hard drive crash, I called and was able to get another copy - but it sure wasn't a lifetime of download.

The reason there is no lifetime download gaurentee is that we don't have a way to "lock" the version a person is entitled to on their last day of members to make that available for the rest of their life. Lets say your last day involved the release of 4.1 of PhotoPost; well, that would mean we would have to lock that version and make sure that your id had access to it (an unsupported version, no less).

So, hopefully you can see the complexity of trying to administer a program like that and see how important it is to make proper backups of the applications you buy - not just from us, but from any electronic source.

Send me a PM with your email address and any info I can use to verify your purchase and I will forward you a copy of the last version of GMS (which was discontinued some time ago).

Semere
December 2nd, 2004, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the kind offer. However, my girlfriend is gonna get it for me tommorrow as an early christmas gift. I guess it all just works out in the end.

Thanks for the quick replies,
Roger Wolfe

P.S. I would have responded quidker however I work 12 hour days and some 16's mixed in. Thanks agian!