PDA

View Full Version : Migrateion from Siteframe?

iphoto
November 12th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Hi All,

I have just purchased PP and have yet to install :). But I have a live Photo site which uses little known but very nice siteframe cms (http://siteframe.org).

I am wondering if any one knows a migration path from Siteframe to PhotoPost. Alternatively is there way to use Siteframe SQL User Table import it in Photopost and then copy the Member Direcotries or something like that

Any help is appreciated :D

Michael P
December 2nd, 2004, 09:13 PM
I am not familiar with that product, so any conversion would probably fall into our paid customization service for which you can contact Omegatron if you are interested.

In a nutshell, converting from one photo system to another requires a bit of work to match up the databases and then import/rename the images.

iphoto
December 3rd, 2004, 10:42 AM
thanks Michael, I requested my users to upload photos again..curtocy ZIP facility of fotoweek :) AV VB Team created importer for siteframe just for me that too free, it was not big task for users just to login and upload once more :D...

Michael P
December 3rd, 2004, 11:24 AM
Great, glad to hear it. For some larger sites its not so simple; we have a few importers, but for the big sites we usually have to do the conversion for them because it's fairly complicated.

iphoto
December 3rd, 2004, 01:08 PM
Great, glad to hear it. For some larger sites its not so simple; we have a few importers, but for the big sites we usually have to do the conversion for them because it's fairly complicated.

no problem Micheal...I was getting little more hungry after getting such a great gallery software...before this I was not convinced that I have to spend $$$ when there are other freeware like Gallery, 4images, coopermine...you name it and I have tested it :rolleyes:

Glad I found PP, its worth every penny :D