PDA

View Full Version : adding a favicon to photopost

Smoothie
November 11th, 2004, 01:45 PM
I believe it needs to be added in pp-inc.php. Is that correct? Also, whats the correct format for adding html to a php file? Use backslashes instead of forward ones?

here's my link:
<link REL="icon" HREF="http://www.macfora.com/favicon.ico">

Michael P
November 11th, 2004, 03:35 PM
<link REL=\"icon\" HREF=\"http://www.macfora.com/favicon.ico\">

By default, however, browsers look for the file favicon.ico in your directory and you don't need the html tag. Just placing the file in your PhotoPost directory would allow browsers to use it.

Smoothie
November 11th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Was I correct about placing this in the pp-inc.php file? What do you mean browsers look for the favicon in your directory and you don't need the HTML tag? I already have the favicon.ico in the PP directory.

Michael P
November 11th, 2004, 04:42 PM
If you do, then the browsers should be picking them up; by default browsers look for the icon without needing to add any code to the header.

You could place the tag in the pp-inc.php; but there is a headtags.htm file that can be included without having to modify any of the scripts. (Its in the admin options where you set the path to the file like the header file). If you put the line in there, it would always be added and you wouldnt need the \"

Smoothie
November 11th, 2004, 06:09 PM
For some reason my browser is not picking up the favicon, even though its in the PP directory.

Thanks for the tip about the headtags.htm file. I had to create a headtags.htm file and add the favicon link and add the path to the headtags.htm file in the PP admin options -> global options.

HobbyTalk
November 11th, 2004, 07:57 PM
It needs to be in the web root directory, not the PP directory.

Smoothie
November 11th, 2004, 10:40 PM
It needs to be in the web root directory, not the PP directory.

I have it in both the root directory and the PP directory, still didn't show until I added it to the headtags.