PDA

View Full Version : Membership Site

joeman46
November 5th, 2004, 08:48 PM
I am looking at these programs for a paid membership website. I havea couple of questions.

1) I a using .htaccess for membership control, but would like the thumbnails to be in a different directoy then actual file. Thus, non paid members ca see the thumbs, but in order to d/l the actual multimedia file, they would have to log in. I plan to use this with phpnuke, but *NOT* use the username features of nuke. I prefer the stability of htaccess/htpasswd and I have a lot of software already in place keyed around this format.

2) Is there a way to adjust which frame of a multimedia file is used for the thumbnail creation. Many of my clips have a blank frame as thefist frame, fading in to a title, then fading into the clip. It would be of no help if it only gras the first frame, as they would all be a blue screen :). Is this something handled from within imagemajik? (already installed on server)

Chuck S
November 6th, 2004, 04:56 AM
1. The only way I would know to trick people who do not have access to view things in that scenerio would be to save the photos outside of the protected area and run the program just in the protected area. Otherwise your looking at extensive code modication. I take it you want to throw some queries and build some thumbs on a non member page somewhere. At any rate if files are locked down by this htaccess the actual files as stated would need to be outside as you know.

2. When you upload a multimedia image the thumbnail is not taken from the image. You are given a chance on upload to upload a separate thumb for that multimedia image or it uses the blank default multimedia image thumb holder.

joeman46
November 6th, 2004, 07:45 AM
1. I take it you want to throw some queries and build some thumbs on a non member page somewhere. At any rate if files are locked down by this htaccess the actual files as stated would need to be outside as you know.

Yes, I want unpaid members tobe able to look at the goods, without being able to avtually download them :)

2. When you upload a multimedia image the thumbnail is not taken from the image. You are given a chance on upload to upload a separate thumb for that multimedia image or it uses the blank default multimedia image thumb holder.

Okay, that's kewl then. I assume that the thumbnails are stored in the same folder as the files, so there is no problem with someone uploadinga thumbnail with a generic name and overwritingan existing thumbnail.

Chuck S
November 6th, 2004, 08:09 PM
If you upload a thumb for a multimedia file yes the thumb is in the same data directory as the multimedia