PDA

View Full Version : Auto Reisizing of Photos?

fasteddie
October 6th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I have a forum that has a lot of computer phobic and computer newbies, and they aren't quite sure how to resize photos for the Web. Thus I need to know, does PhotoPost automatically resize a 4 megapixel 2 MB file into something more manageable for Web viewing? Thanks!

I did do a search and saw thumbnail resizing, but the above question wasn't directly addressed nor could I find it in any documentation.

Michael P
October 7th, 2004, 08:02 AM
You can specify the max dimensions of images that you want to allow and then choose to have PhotoPost resize those images down to your max specifications. It's not based on file size, but rather dimensions. So, you can say that you allow 1024x768 as your max size and anything that exceeds those limits should be resized to 1024x768.

fasteddie
October 8th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, if I did set it to something like 1024x768, can I set jpg quality too? Because I've seen, for example, a 4 megapixel 2MB file resized to 1024 vary quite a bit between 60% and 100% quality settings. While space probably isn't an issue right now, long-term, I think it may be and I want to prepare for the future. :)

Michael P
October 8th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Yes, you can set quality.