PDA

View Full Version : Support for multiple templates

technicolor_guru
September 27th, 2004, 01:49 AM
I am looking into Photo Post for a gallery of mine, and had a few questions.

Does PP support multiple templates for a page. For example, I'd like to have a Cell Phone/PDA friendly version, in addition to the regular version.

Also, does it support RSS? Syndication between other artists' websites would be neat.

Last question (for now). How hard would it be to make PP output valid HTML or (preferably) XHTML? Would it require going into the code's internals, or could this be done via the templates?

I am currently using Gallery (http://gallery.menalto.com), but it just isn't meeting my needs. I'm looking for something that I don't have to recode every time I have to add a meta tag or edit a table's cell.

Thank you for your time!

Michael P
September 27th, 2004, 09:48 AM
No, we do not have multiple template support per page. RSS is not currently supported, but slated for next release.

We did full XHTML compliance testing back with the 4.0 release; but we may need to recheck all our pages since we've had a few releases since then. The majority of HTML code is in the templates. We'll plan a full suite of compliance testing for the next update.