PDA

View Full Version : Legal to sell license?

Ted S
September 26th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I am no longer using my pp classifieds license and since refunds are not offered I am considering selling the license. Is this permited by PhotoPost?

Chuck S
September 26th, 2004, 06:48 PM
You are not going to like my answer. Per the license agreement.

License fees are non-refundable and this license is non-transferable.

Ted S
September 27th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Actually I don't mind... I bought the license, I used the software, I changed my mind (or rather my users decided they liked a forum-based marketplace and changed it for me). I'm happy with my decisions and I certainly have nothing but good experiences with photopost's gallery software (7,000 photos and growing)... changing my mind is on me, not your business.

Michael P
September 27th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Software licenses transferred as part of a domain sale is one thing; but we can't track/support a secondary market for software sales, so thats why we don't allow it.

Keep an eye on Classifieds v2.0 in development; some exciting changes including feedback, paid ads, bidding and more (see Suggestions are for more info).

Ted S
September 28th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Understood. As far as the software it wasn't a feature thing at all... even 1.9 had more features that any "forum thread" classifieds can ever hope to have but my users really just didn't like having to go to a secondary system for their ads. I tried to apply the learning curve, give it some time and what not but it didn't work out. I'll certainly find a use for the script it just won't be what I had planned.

Michael P
September 28th, 2004, 09:50 AM
I wrote a mod for my Threads install which auto-posts messages into specific forums based on which ads are placed. For example when someone places a new Viper For Sale ad, a post is made in the Viper Discussions forum to let the members know about it (with a link). Same with Viper Collectibles, a post is made in the Collectibles forum.

Just a thought.

Ted S
September 28th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Interesting... I may have to think about something like that down the road?

Michael P
September 29th, 2004, 10:06 AM
I'm sure it wouldn't take much, I only had to add 20 lines or so to format a message and insert it into the db properly.

http://www.viperalley.com/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/stuff

You can see the post about Test Auction Item where I'm testing auction stuff.