PDA

View Full Version : Classfieds questions..

decipher
September 25th, 2004, 10:33 PM
I am interested in purchasing the classifieds system, but I have a few questions and concerns regarding the script first.

I will be integrating the script with a heavily modified vB3 forum (so I am used to code changes if needed), I have searched here and browsed photopostdev but have come up empty handed with some things.

I would like to have a few choices for my members / advertisers to place adds with various options. For example:

AD TYPES:

Basic Ad
- cost: Free
- pictures: No
- etc. etc.

Highlighted Basic Ad
- cost: $
- pictures: No
- etc. etc. (time length, editing, other stuff)

Premium Ad
- cost: $$
- pictures: Yes (up to 3)
- etc. etc.

Highlighted Premium Ad
- cost: $$
- pictures: Yes (up to 3)
- etc. etc.

Featured Ad
- cost: $$$
- pictures: Yes (up to 8)
- replaces "Latest Ads" on classifeds index
- is listed at the top of the respective category it is placed in
- highlighted listing

Commercial Ad
- cost: $$$
- pictures: Yes
- etc. etc.

Now, would I have to set up certain usergroup permissions in vB3/pp classifieds and use the built in subscription system to do this? Or is it built in? I'd much rather have it built in (or code hacked in) to allow the advertisers to just choose the type of ad, input thier info (where applicable), have my merchant account (or paypal or whatever) verify their info and allow the ad to be posted.

Now, there are a few classifieds systems out there that do this, but my goal is to have my site be fully integrated with vB3, its users/usergroups...everything. Any other classifieds script out there that I have researched does one or the other, not both.