PDA

View Full Version : phpbb to vb3

kelm
September 15th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know if you can convert from phpbb to vb3 or invision board yet without messing up the user ids for photopost? I desperately want to change from phpbb but as of yet have not found a way to convert from one to the other without the user id's changing and messing up the photopost gallery.
thanks in advance for any help!

Michael P
September 15th, 2004, 11:34 AM
If the conversion changes the userids, the only thing you can do is modify the upgrade script to not change ids.

kelm
September 15th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks Michael for your reply. I do not know much about working with script but will look into it

kelm
October 18th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Has anyone successfully imported phpbb to vb3 and still keep your existing photopost gallery? I have searched here as well as on the board websites but cannot find a way to switch from phpbb to vb3 or invisionboard without messing up user ids and also messing up my photopost gallery. I tried to find a solution to modify upgrade script to not change user ids as per Michaels suggestion, but that too I cannot find.
I have posted on the other board sites but I am told since the upgrade/switch will work between the boards the user id problem is photopost since my gallery is using phpbb for user info, and they cannot help me. anyone here have any ideas or have you come up with an easy way to do this? I am not comfortable changing code, do not know enough to risk really messing things up.
thanks in advance for any help!