PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost Classifieds questions

brother7
September 10th, 2004, 11:25 AM
1. What happens if users never mark their ads as sold/closed? Is there a setting that sets a maximum listing period, like 60 days, after which the ad will automatically be deleted?

2. What happens to sold/closed ads? Do the ads, along with their pictures, get deleted after a certain time period? Is this done manually by an admin or done automatically by the system?

I guess my main concern is that space used by pics in sold/closed ads never gets released.

3. In the Admin Menu, many options are marked 'masked'? What are these, and is there a comprehensive Help system to guide the newbie how to configure the system?

Finally, a general question...

4. For all products (PhotoPost, Review, Classifieds), is there a php-based forum (vBulletin, phpBB, ...) that's preferred? In other words, do the various Photopost products work better with one forum than the rest? I wonder this because your Support forum uses vBulletin, so it makes me think that vBulletin is preferred and that product development targets that system, with other systems being adapted from the main one.

Thanks in advance.

Michael P
September 13th, 2004, 08:20 AM
1. The user selects the time they want to run the ad when they place it (i.e. 30 days).
2. Currently they are removed by a cronjob which you run daily.
3. "masked" is just for our own protection in the demo as we don't want to display our actual server configuration information.
4. Depends on who you talk to - some people prefer vB, others UBB.threads. All the integrations pretty much work the same, so its more a personal preference. The two I menitoned have very active developer communities on photopostdev.com for mods.