PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing php-based forum

brother7
September 2nd, 2004, 02:33 PM
I'm looking to build a community forum. I haven't settled on a particular one yet, but I have some experience with phpBB. As addons, I'm planning on PhotoPost PHP Pro and PhotoPost Classifieds.

I'd like some advice on choosing an appropriate php-based forum. Here's some info on what I'm trying to accomplish.

1. I'm an aspiring glamour/fashion photographer. I want to have a Model of the Month contest, where members can vote for a particular model. (Would this be a feature of the php forum or PhotoPost?)

2. I want to encourage people to become members, not just guests. To help accomplish this, I want to allow guests to browse categories and topics, but only members can read messages within each topic. (FYI, phpBB can't do this... topics and messages are grouped together... if you can read one, you can read the other) OneModelPlace.com works like this.

3. I'd like some sort of automated authorization system. A basic member would be able to access certain forums, but if that member chooses to "I Agree", then they'll automatically be granted access to certain 18+ categories, for example personal ads or galleries containing nudity.

In closing, I'm trying to create a community with Craigslist-type features (that's why I'm considering PhotoPost Classifieds), plus promote my own fashion/glamour photography.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Chuck S
September 2nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
I would have to suggest Vbulletin