PDA

View Full Version : Alternate display of attached albums?

Troy Roberts
August 23rd, 2004, 01:46 PM
I have the latest release installed now and have tested out the attachment of albums to categories. It's a nice feature but it's not quite doing what I would like it to do.

Basically, I would like to have the attached albums look like categories under the one they are attached to. Short of that I would like to have some way to make them stand out more as I am intending to use them as the primary content under a category.

On a related note - I would like to have the photo count of a category include the attached albums. I don't want them double counted for the total, but if they are the only content under a category it shows as zero photos being in the category. Nobody is going to click on that even though there are photos to be found that way.

Michael P
August 23rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
I didn't really envision albums being treated as subcats, so that kind of listing/inclusion of photos in the count would have to be something coded up.

Troy Roberts
August 23rd, 2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks Michael. We'll figure out something for now. Basically, I have a group of regional coordinators who upload pictures from various events. I can create the regional categories broken down into year/month. It would be nice if the coordinators could then create new categories for particular events.