PDA

View Full Version : Is this compatible with X-cart and PHPBB and a couple other ?'s

painfulpleasures
August 15th, 2004, 12:58 AM
My plan:

Im looking to expand the features of our website.

www.painfulpleasures.com

Im looking to add a new interactive gallery to our site for our members.
I came across this site and have a few questions.

we run the www.x-cart.com shopping cart and im working with firetanksoftware.com to have them install a phpBB to X-cart Integration which will allow all my current members to use all the same info across the board for purchasing and for the phpbb forum.

http://www.firetanksoftware.com/fts/customer/product.php?productid=45&cat=6&page=1

this is the link to the service that they will be doing for me.

I see that this can be done with this program as far as integrating it with phpbb.

so first, will this work for all three? ie a customer typically regsiters in our shopping cart before purchasing, will they be registered as well with the same info for this program? so my customer can login to my shopping cart.
www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart
once logged in, (at the top we will have two links, one to the FORUM, one to the GALLERY) will they be automatically logged in to this program?

Then if that is the case, then im still a little confused as to how your program works 100%

our site will deal primarilily with body modifications

So some of our Main Categories will be

TONGUE PIERCINGS
NAVEL PIERCINGS
EYEBROW PIERCINGS
LIP PIERCINGS
MALE PIERCINGS
FEMALE PIERCINGS

So im curious how this works, lets say a customer named TOM logs in. TOM is a current customer of ours who has already bought from us before and are interested in adding a picture.

TOM can add a picture to a particular gallery, lets say TOM has 4 piercings he wants to upload... one being a Tongue piercing, one being a Navel piercing, one being an eyebrow piercing and one being a lip piercing.

TOM can upload all four piercings, which will go to the designated categories?

So if I am browsing the site i can click on Tongue piercings then all i will see are Tongue pIercings. Then I click on the piercing photo that TOM submitted. This will take me to his gallery? which then i can see all the pictures that he submitted?

Then im thinking Since we sell a lot of jewelry to a lot of body piercing shops, is there a way to set it up so the body piercing Shops that buy from us can show off there piercings, i know that is not a problem setting up there own gallery, but is there a way to category it so we could have a category that shops can enter that gives a brief description of the shop, the name, location, etc... and shows there work? so we have a section maybe called

Body Piercing Studios

Justanotherhole
MysticPiercing
Tribal Piering
Sideshow Styles

etc..

Then they click on Justanotherhole and they are introduced to there company and there breakdown of categories of pictures... ie justanotherhole creates subcategories of piercings done by there Piercers on STAFF

ie there is a piercer named Joe, a piercer named Beth, each can have a gallery with the piercings they have done? and it can be broken down further in to categories by type? ie

JUSTANOTHER HOLE

JOE'S PIERCINGS
TONGUE PIERCING
NAVEL PIERCING

BETHS PIERCINGS
EYEBROW PIERCING
LIP PIERCING

etc..?

Since we sell jewelry is it possible to put advertisements, ie pics of Tongue jewelry in the TONGUE PIERCING directory that link back to our shopping cart..

lets say we get a pic from a customer who bought a particular style of tongue jewelry from us, they post the pic to the site, then is there a way to show a pic of the jewelry somewhere, maybe on the side that says Purchase this same piece of jewelry here and have a link back to our our shopping cart to exactly where the product is?

If this is compatibale with x-cart and phpbb then is it possible as well to post links to the phpbb forums? ie we have a picture of a bad piercing or an infected piercing... and we have a discussion going on in the forum about a particular infected piercing... if we could link the picture back to the forum so if someone is on the gallery and they see something that interests them, they can then click to read more about it...

Then im looking for Three other things...

1) I want my customers as well to be able to post entire Personal Expierences to the site.. ie same categories as pictures but with text..
so we have TOM again

He wants to tell us about his TONGUE PIERCING... he would enter the text, hit submit and have a page about his experience... similar to the photo idea but with text.. do you offer this or know of anything that can incorporate this as well with your program and phpbb and x-cart? so if we have pictures of TONGUE PIERCINGS, is there a way to put on the right hand side a list of links to PERSONAL EXpERIENCES with TONGUE PIERCIN?

2) Then im looking for an Encylopedia
ie A-Z
that people can submit to us definitions of various piercing terms and practices and if we approve it, then it will go live

for example.

T

Tragus Piercing - Piercing that is done on the little flap of cartiledge on the inside of your ear.

Tongue Piercing - then there would be a general description of tongue piercing,

Then also if there is a way to link it to other related iems in the forum or index.....
history of it, how to Pierce the Tongue, How to Aftercare for the tongue etc...

3) Then im also looking for a way to add recent News Articles to the site.. Ie IN THE NEWS, anything that is related to bod modification that is in the news,

http://www.techimo.com/newsapp/index.pl?photo=11711

exactly like this but i want to be able to categorize this as well so its easier to navigate and search for specific articles.

4) http://www.techimo.com/articles/upload_form.pl

I came across this which i think might work? but im unsure as to what it is they are running. This could work for the Personal Experiences if there is a way to category them?

Thanks again for any help in clearing this up. Im pretty sure im going to purchase this and have you guys in stall it for me. Do you install the PHPBB as well? if do could you install the firetanksoftware mod as well? i would think it would be easier for you to install all this for us since firetank is probably not as familar with your set up.

So basically im looking for a setup that integrates everything and only requires one username and password across the board for all the above features.. any help or custom development I would be interested in .

Thanks again

marc

Chuck S
August 15th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Well reading through your thread it basically comes down to this answer.

We integrate with phpBB user database and stylesheet integration also. As long as this modification you are doing writes a proper phpbb user record Photopost will use the phpBB user record and you should be using the same username for all 3 products. The only thing I can forsee you having to change in our program is repointing the registration link since you will effectively be handling registration at a different url.

I do handle Photopost's custom requests so if you want to email me at chuck@photopost.com I can provide you with a quote on installing the other software.

painfulpleasures
August 15th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the answer

What about the other questions in the post?

Then im looking for Three other things...

1) I want my customers as well to be able to post entire Personal Expierences to the site.. ie same categories as pictures but with text..
so we have TOM again

He wants to tell us about his TONGUE PIERCING... he would enter the text, hit submit and have a page about his experience... similar to the photo idea but with text.. do you offer this or know of anything that can incorporate this as well with your program and phpbb and x-cart? so if we have pictures of TONGUE PIERCINGS, is there a way to put on the right hand side a list of links to PERSONAL EXpERIENCES with TONGUE PIERCIN?

2) Then im looking for an Encylopedia
ie A-Z
that people can submit to us definitions of various piercing terms and practices and if we approve it, then it will go live

for example.

T

Tragus Piercing - Piercing that is done on the little flap of cartiledge on the inside of your ear.

Tongue Piercing - then there would be a general description of tongue piercing,

Then also if there is a way to link it to other related iems in the forum or index.....
history of it, how to Pierce the Tongue, How to Aftercare for the tongue etc...

3) Then im also looking for a way to add recent News Articles to the site.. Ie IN THE NEWS, anything that is related to bod modification that is in the news,

http://www.techimo.com/newsapp/index.pl?photo=11711

exactly like this but i want to be able to categorize this as well so its easier to navigate and search for specific articles.

4) http://www.techimo.com/articles/upload_form.pl

I came across this which i think might work? but im unsure as to what it is they are running. This could work for the Personal Experiences if there is a way to category them?

once the install of the phpbb integration is complete on my site i will purchase your program and have you install it.

thanks again

marc

Chuck S
August 15th, 2004, 12:08 PM
I dont rightly know what you want exactly your looking for based on your explanation. However.

Are you referring to comment on the pictures? then use comments which is standard in the products we offer. If not you may want to see my post to question 2

Then im looking for an Encylopedia
ie A-Z

You may want to consider also purchasing reviewpost which is geared towards reviews of products etc.

You can set up a library of terms a user can post to and you can approve.

Also on question 1 if you want to set up categories users

On my site with Reviewpost I kind of did one part as a Marine Identification Database. Another section product reviews and yet another section with sponsor specials and another reviews of online vendor sites.

This would most likely be a a custom app designed and depends totally on what your trying to pull data from the phpbb board photopost reviewpost whatever