PDA

View Full Version : Does PhotoPost Classified works with PHPNUKE?

batmon
July 28th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Hi,

I am using PHPNuke 7.3 with bbtoNuke 2.0.10 (the phpbb intergrated with PHPNuke). Question:

1) Can I use PhotoPost Classified in this environment?
2) Will it use PHPNuke for the authenications?
3) Will it use PHPNuke or bbtoNuke's theme?
4) Any Nuke Blocks so I can list out the most recent classifieds or top 10 classifieds on my first main page?

I already have tons of users in PHPNuke so I want them to use the same/single logon to access the classifieds. Also, I want to have it look as close as the existing bbtoNuke so it won't confus the users (ex. same smilies, same BBCodes, same posting layouts, etc). If PhotoPost meets my requirements, I will buy it. :p Thank you.

Michael P
July 29th, 2004, 09:21 AM
We have a user authentication system for phpNuke; however, we do not have "blocks" (not usre what they are" and Classifieds is not a "module", although we provide mechanisms to try and use it as such. We don't have a very active phpNuke group of users, so other than making sure our system lets users be authenticated, we havent done much beyond that. phpNuke users have posted in the forums about what they've done to integrate, but, again, its not a very active group.

I would say it depends on just how integrated you want it and weather you are willing to put in a little effort.

batmon
July 29th, 2004, 10:05 PM
I guess this is hard to tell how much effort I have to do to make it work with PHPNuke. Creating blocks are not too bad since it's just a "table block" of SQL query to display to result.

How about the theme? How does PhotoPost theme works?

batmon
July 29th, 2004, 10:11 PM
forgot to ask... can I also create a private photo album for each of my PHPNuke user, set quota or max # of photo he or she can post, and allow others to see his/her private photo album? Is this more like PhotoPost PHP Pro? Does Pro comes with Classifieds? And can they both been installed to PHPNUKE?

Thank you.