PDA

View Full Version : PHP & MYSQL linking questions (before i buy) // time estimate

elad
July 28th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Hi,
I am hoping to buy PhotoPostPHP for a scrapbooking webpage I have created.

I created a webpage in PHP that links with a MySQL database.
i used the database to store pictures, diary entries and itinerary events for this scrapbook store. I also created an easy to use update page for this webpage that updates the site.

I would like to install PhotoPostPHP to replace the photogallery.

My questions are:
1) will it create a new database for the photogallery / can i use the same database but different tables for when i add photopostPHP?

2) is it easy to change fonts and colours to match the webpage, or does that involve coding?

3) will i have a problem linking PhotoPostPHP to the existing webpage in PhP and MySQL database, or will the integration be straightforward and easy considering i know how to code, and that the existing webpage is already in PhP, and uses MySql

4) lastly, roughly how long should it take from installing the program until i get PhotoPostPHP to be integrated with this existing webpage

Thank you in advance,

Elad Schreiber
eschreiber@expertsmtl.com

Michael P
July 28th, 2004, 12:32 PM
1) Yes, PhotoPost has its own datbase layout.
2) Yes, it is easy. You can use the built-in stylesheet editor to change the colors to match your site.
3) Linking to? You mean putting a link from your current page to PhotoPost?
4) That depends on you - PhotoPost installation probably takes about 15-20 minutes if you have all the pieces installed (imaging program, etc).

When you say "integrated" into your existing webpage, I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are saying. PhotoPost becomes an extension to your site providing a gallery - you would link to your galleries from your existing webpage.