PDA

View Full Version : Changes from 4.8c to 4.8d?

rbl
July 3rd, 2004, 10:06 PM
I read the Michael's list of changed files but he doesn't specify what changes have been made to PP, I mean, changed functions, corrected bugs, etc... If anyone can point those out to me I appreciate it.

PS: I stopped receiving the forum email notifications. Anything wrong?

Michael P
July 3rd, 2004, 11:16 PM
The list pretty much says it all.

mjm
July 4th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Regarding more details with upgrades...

VB has recently announced an upgrade to 3.02
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109185

This is a fine example of what I'd like to see here.

On a positive note I have seen considerable improvements here at PP over the last 2+years and assume any faults be to growing pains and lack of sufficient staffing to develop and support a product to the top level market position.

But thanks tons for the remarkable things you have accomplished!

I'm hooked!, and only partially because of the fact that if I counted the hours spent visiting this site, trying to keep track of developments etc, at minimum wages I could have a new car in my driveway. (I could buy a porsche with time spent at vB.com developing vB3!)

Occassionally one of our members will write to us in complete awe at the capabilities that we (PPPro) give them!
Our `customers' are ultimately the ones who give us a reminder of what a great product this is.
PPPro essentially purrrrs right along for us and we haven't had any performance issues (yet).
This makes me one of the converted!

Mark
------------------
RBL wrote:
PS: I stopped receiving the forum email notifications. Anything wrong?

That's happened to me from numerous (vB3) Forums I receive email notifications from....stopped getting them recently.

I use Spam Assassion and I've had to enter these sites in the white_list

-----------------

Michael P
July 4th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Glad to hear it, Mark. My users love the galleries as well - most cannot imagine the forums without them! :)

mjm
July 5th, 2004, 12:11 PM
hehe (two days later), hot on the heels of vB3.0.2 is
vB3.0.3 (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=698516)
Such is life at the forefront of technological innovations!

Mark

Chuck S
July 5th, 2004, 12:36 PM
rbl

I think most people forget about the documentation folder of the photopost download. he changelog.txt has the exact changes to files and what they corrected

I know I use to search for that as well if the announcement did not include specifics. Always room for improvement in things ;)

rbl
July 5th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Michael, the list only says "minor updates to fix a few files".
Chuck, I asked *before* downloading to know if there is any need to download it in the first place =)