PDA

View Full Version : Does it support ftp uploads?

xephon
June 26th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I have around a 500meg gallery that I had been using with MyeGallery, but my site got hacked due to a security hole in MeG.

Anyways, I was wondering if your software supported batch uploads via ftp. Since It has over 100 main folders, and each of those has 5-20 subfolders in it, I do not wanna hand add all of them.

I was gonna pic albinator due to the fact that you can ftp upload via it, but then I found out they do not support subfolders, adn I do not want to have my main folders sitting there with up to 1000 pictures inside fully unorganized :/

also if it does support it, could i just upload the whole picture folder, and would it then auto setup the sub folders in each main folder?

Chuck S
June 26th, 2004, 04:09 PM
We have bulkupload where you can upload many pictures into your upload directory and then process them so many at a time.

You can not upload a directory structure of another program and expect Photopost to recognize that.

You need to create the categories you want in Photopost. Then say take all the pictures for that category and upload them to your upload directory. In your case admin is 1. So after that you hit upload photos. You check the box to process files in upload directory. The next bulkupload screen takes you to where you show the thumbs and can add titles and descriptions and pick which category to upload to.

If you dont want to do that then you can select BYPASS APPROVAL PROCESS and the pictures will just be uploaded with the filename being set as the title and they will be uploaded to the category you selected on uploadphoto page.

Your still going to have to do some work.

xephon
June 26th, 2004, 04:15 PM
i was just wondering, MeG spoiled me, all i had to do in it was upload a folder like this

Anime-
dbz-
trunks-
young trunks
old trunks
goku
vegeta
blue seed-
momiji
kusanagi

and it would turn the sub directories into sub albums, I was just curious if yours did this too.

brother7
November 8th, 2005, 11:14 PM
I have a question along this same line.

I'm an event photographer and have been using Coppermine, which allows me to maintain separate directories. I like this but am looking for tighter integration with vBulletin and therefore am considering vBadvanced Gallery and Photopost. vBa Gallery puts all images + generated thumbnails into a single directory based on userid. I don't like this, as I'm concerned with perfomance when there are, say 100,000 images in a one directory, not to mention the organizational mess of having all files in a single directory.

Can you tell me if Photopost will allow me to maintain a directory structure, ie each event in a separate directory?

Chuck S
November 9th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Photopost maintains files on the server under a data directory and creates a category by using the cats numeric id. Then a thumbnail medium and mini directories are created so files are stored by cat like so

data--
--500 --ORIGINAL IMAGE LARGE ONES STORED HERE
--thumbs THUMBS ARE STORED HERE
--medium MEDIUM ARE STORED HERE
--mini MINI ARE STORED HERE ONLY IF IT IS SET UP