PDA

View Full Version : Disable comments?

codfather
April 28th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Is it possible to disable comments in a specific category?

Thanks,
Kerry

Michael P
April 28th, 2004, 02:51 PM
You can edit the category permissions and remove post privledges for all usergroups.

codfather
April 28th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Sorry I meant disable comments BUT keep ratings in a specific category.

Michael P
April 28th, 2004, 03:36 PM
No, there is not a seperate setting on a per-category basis.

codfather
April 28th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Is there any andjustment to the code I can make to do this for one of my forums? Is this difficult?

K

Chuck S
April 28th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Code Modification Suggestions are best posted over at PhotopostDev.com.

joanie
September 30th, 2004, 01:33 PM
You can edit the category permissions and remove post privledges for all usergroups.
Can you keep the post box from appearing in the category where noone has posting privledges? It seems confusing to still show the box if noone can actually use it!

myjeeprocks
October 2nd, 2004, 01:48 AM
Can you keep the post box from appearing in the category where noone has posting privledges? It seems confusing to still show the box if noone can actually use it!
agreed.

Chuck S
October 2nd, 2004, 06:46 AM
If you want to make sure you have a suggestion and that it get's added to the wish list you would need to post in the suggestions forum

mjm
October 2nd, 2004, 10:41 AM
Yes please do post it in the suggestion box, and I second it.
I requested this a while back, but on searching for my past posts, it looks like PP has pruned a lot of posts, (my posts only go back to April 04, I've been here 2 years longer then this).
The only way I was able to get comments view removed from a usergroup was to remove the comments feature from the whole site, (which my partner still hasn't totally figured out how to do for me)

What I would have liked to have is the ability to select which usergroups can post to AND view comments.

Mark
And when I mean that I don't want a usergroup to see comments, I also mean I don't want those usergroups to see any sight or suggestion of comments phrases as well.