If that is the case there is only one of two things it can be.
1. You have not turned on the vb
header footer integration
2. You have not uploaded all the new files.
Since I see a vb
header footer over your classifieds I can only suspect you have not uploaded all the proper files.
Basically going from 4.0 to 5.2 your basically uploading EVERYTHING except the 2 config files.
I can look right in our adm-misc.php file and there is definately a link
Content visible to verified customers only.
Basically this all goes hand in hand here everything your reporting so far is because you have not followed the upgrade documentation. The upgrade documentation definately states to upload everything except the config files.
Example adm-misc.php has the code I am noting above which clearly shows you a simply if clause that says if you are admin and vb40 is on then show the link. That means your file is old and you do not have that code or if your file has that code then your header-inc.php file is old because that is the file where vb40 is defined on or off.
This whole process of upgrading has been simplified. All install upgrade stuff has been moved into a special folder and the documentation has been streamlined and easy to follow.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT SKIP |
. Backup your database before doing this upgrade.
. Ensure you upload all the directories which have files that need to be uploaded to the main PhotoPost Classifieds directory.
0) Download and unzip the latest build from the Members Area.
1) Upload all files - except config-inc.php, config-int.php unless you modified them from the ZIP file - to
your server. You do not need install.php for an upgrade. You also do not need to upload header.htm or footer.htm if you modified those as well.
3) Run http://www.yoursite.com/classifieds/install/upgrade.php and depending on your version, run any necessary upgrades.
4) When done with upgrades, remove the upgrade.php file.
5. For SEO rename the HTACCESS file to .htaccess
6) You are done!
IMPORTANT - FOR VBULLETIN 4 ONLY. New plugins included in download.
In the install directory set permissions on the file product_class.xml, source-vb4.xml and source-vb42.xml files to 777
2. Go to your classifieds admin panel ( http://www.yoursite.com/classifieds/adm-index.php ) and hit the option to generate vbulletin plugin xml. That file will download to your computer.
3. Go into your vbulletin admin panel and under plugins & products select the option to manage products. You can then use the add/import product option
and upload the xml file you downloaded to your computer called product_class.xml file. Once that is done your forum will show gallery content.
4. Thats it your done!!
IMPORTANT - FOR VBULLETIN 5 ONLY.
1. You can do either one of the options above after uploading all the files noted above in the normal upgrade procedure.
Edit your config-int.php file on your server and add the line below right above the define for VB3_INTEGRATION
Edit the new config-int.php file in the downloaded code with all the proper server paths urls etc and upload it to your server.
2. Copy the pp.php file from the install directory into your vBulletin forums root directory ( This is the root directory not any subdirectories ).
3. Make a copy your vb config.php file from vbulletin install and place that copy into your classifieds directory.
You must edit this config.php file you put in your classifieds directory as it uses this to get the forum path.
$config['core_path'] = realpath(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/core';
You need to change it to something like this which has the actual correct path to your forums core directory.
$config['core_path'] = '/var/www/yoursite/path/to/vbulletin/core';
Save your changes!
Please read the CHANGELOG.TXT FILE so you know what to expect from version upgrades.
As long as the documentation is followed things should be a snap.