Not to discuss a mod here -- but I didn't comment out any brackets. I'm probably wrong but I could not see any that applied to these two lines of code.
It appeared to me that the brackets before these lines of code were closed, and the brackets after the lines of code were opened for the next IF statement. As I said, I'm probably wrong about this. All I know is it worked for me -- dumb luck, as it were.
And, I only posted what I did here, so that any other user following would see a workaround that might interest them. Just trying to help.
As everyone can tell, I'm fair from confident enough in my modification to post an official mod in the mod section.