Originally Posted by Chuck S
I hear what your saying. I would suggest maybe trying to replicate it per browser see if its a browser issue like IE versus when you view with mozilla or Chrome etc.
Here is what I know
1. See if it is browser specific.
2. errors are Apache related (i.e. not caused by PhotoPost which is written in PHP)
3. it might be Rewrite Rules, but these are same for all browsers (no rules are browser specific)
I'd done some testing back when this first came up so I can answer your questions and add a little more info after that.
1. It doesn't seem to be browser-related. I tested with my Blackberry, IE 8/9, and Firefox 5 - 8 and they all generate these errors when visiting my gallery.
2. I don't think it is, but I'll get to that after #3.
3. See #2.
I have two servers that are nearly identical in hardware spec and are nearly identical in configuration. Apache, mySQL, PHP, cPanel, are all the same version and config on both, with one exception. The only difference is that one is running suPHP and one is not. The one not running suPHP is the one generating these errors. I've copied my database and gallery files (including .htaccess for the rewrites) to the other server to test and they rewrite normally and generate no errors. I'm also running vBulletin with vbSEO
on both servers and I don't get any errors from those rewrites on either server.
So based on that I'd be inclined to think that running PHP in DSO mode could be the culprit, if it weren't for the fact that vbSEO
is rewriting without generating errors. Nothing I can come up with is a solid fit and it's driving me a little mad (troubleshooting is basically my career, I don't like being stumped).
As I (hope I) mentioned in my first post, this isn't critical and everything is working fine from a functional standpoint, it's just flooding the error log.