Email, admin uploads, search, etc #2
Ok, let’s try again. I guess I wasn’t clear on some of the issues.
1) I am aware that you can turn off email notifications, which is the first switch in Admin Options, but I don’t believe that is related to my question. In the user’s showproduct view, the "Product Options" drop down menu includes a choice to “Receive Email Updates”. I know from testing that this option only sends emails when “Allow user comments” is turned ON and comments are then posted to an ad. However, with comments turned off, as I have it, the “Receive Email Updates” option does nothing. If selected, it tells the user that he will be notified of updates, implying that he will be notified of changes to the ad. However, no notices are sent because the option only applies to comments. It appears that this is a minor bug in the program and what I am asking is a work around, not a mod. Since the option does nothing, but fools the user into thinking that it does, I want to remove the “Receive Email Updates” as a choice. Where in the code is the showproduct "Product Options" drop down menu defined so I can comment out the “Receive Email Updates” option?
2) I have discovered that there are actually two issues with the category subscriber emails that are sent. If user who receives the email is not logged into the forum/classifieds, clicking the unsubscribe link in the email results in the following browser response:
“Script call malformed. Some actions require you to be logged in. Please verify you are logged in and try the link again…”
If there no fix for this, I will just edit the errorscript phrase to delete the “Script call malformed” so as not to confuse the user.
The second issue is illustrated by the attached screen of a sample email. Notice that there are three links. The top one is the link to the category. It works but the html link includes the line of text below it. Same for the middle link. It includes the Team text below it. The bottom link to the site is correct. If I can find the code, I can probably fix this but if may affect every other PPC owners as well.
3) and 4) OK, understood.
5) My question is not whether an admin can add photos to an existing ad. The question is can an admin add to an existing ad photos that are already stored in another directory on the server rather than uploading them all again from the PC?
While playing with the bulk upload I ran into something else. If I check the top box in bulk upload area to “Skip upload and process the files” which I have already placed in the directory specified, the second attached screen shot is the result. Hitting the Process Files button flashes “Processing Image List” on a blank screen and returns directly to the screen in the attachment. No thumbnails, and no links are on the page shown.
6) Try doing a search on reeftalk by date. Put in any number of days, weeks, etc and you will get the same result I do on my site. Screen shot attached.
Also the instructions at the top of the search box should read “Fill in ONE OF the fields below to execute a search.” Entering info more than one field does not work. It either finds nothing, or uses only one of the entries.
7) Don’t like it but understand.
8) What I meant is that in my opinion all search results SHOULD be in the same format returned if you type w w w.mysite.c o m/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=last14 in the browser address bar. The current search results are an odd format. Among other things, the product description is formatted differently, the distance field is dropped, the results are not sortable, and even the page numbering at the bottom is different from any other listing in the program. I realize this is a feature request.