Email, admin uploads, search, etc
Been doing more testing. Found a dirty way to make feedback moderated without moderation of ads. Satisfied with that until I can modify the admin cp. Found some more things in the last couple of days.
1) In the showproduct view, the drop down menu includes a choice to “Receive Email Updates”. I know this option sends emails when comments are posted, but is it intended to send notifications on changes to the ad itself? I have tried having testuser1 select this option on an ad uploaded by testuser2. Then I have has testuser2 make any number of modifications, one at a time or in combination, but testuse1 never gets an email notice. I have tried setting the switch in admin cp for “Use email to notify users?” for both yes and no. I have comments turned off.
Can email updates be made to work with comments turned off, and if not, where in the code is the showproduct "Product Options" drop down menu defined so I can comment out the “Receive Email Updates” option?
2) If testuser1 subscribes to a category, the email notifications of additions to the category are sent. However, clicking the unsubscribe link in the email results in the following browser response:
“Script call malformed. Some actions require you to be logged in. Please verify you are logged in and try the link again…”
Is there a fix for this, or is the only solution to leave it alone and perhaps edit the error phrase to delete the first sentence? Is the phrase used elsewhere that deleting the first sentence would cause additional user confusion?
Ad upload prerequisite:
3) Is there any way to require a user to agree to a TOS/Rules as a prerequisite for posting an ad? Or if not, is there any provision for generating an additional text page (that looks like the PPC format) that I could link to from the “Place an Ad” menu item? Perhaps something like another help file or empty table?
4) Found your old list from 2004 “Which Templates for What--FAQ? “. Is there a similar updated list for Classifieds?
Bulk admin uploads:
5) Is it possible for the admin to add additional photos, which are already located in another directory on the server, to an existing ad? And/or, is there a way to upload/process multiple photos from the admin’s directory making them all attach to the same new ad rather than each creating a separate ad?
6) Search by date results in the following in the title bar. “xx result(s) to your search. - Wed December 31, 1969”. This is obviously not 1969 and all other dates on the display are correct. Searches on price range, distance, keywords, or username results in the correct title bar with “xx result(s) to your search. - All Ads.” Any thoughts?
7) What controls the sort order of the search results and can it be changed? It appears that the default is oldest ads first.
8) Back on a previous topic, how much effort would be required to make search use the same formatting and results columns as showcat? For example, in my opinion, the results from …classifieds/showcat.php?cat=last14 is exactly the results that should be obtained from a search on all ads for the last 2 weeks.
Again, your help is appreciated.