Well then you all need to QA your process better. I fixed the 5.3 code of the upgrade.... lots of changes needed...
Content visible to verified customers only.
I verified in the sql that those changes were made, so upgrading of the database is successful, however there is still the mistake that it doesn t upgrade the version number.... I didnt really care about that, so I moved on. However it would be a good edition to check that field to force whether or not a user can run a particular upgrade... basically idiot proofing it.
I am still trying to figure out why I have a blank page on my index.php