Chuck, first, thanks for the Xmas attention. Appreciate it!
I made the phpbb2.php code change you suggested and so far, I nor any of my members that I know of have had to do the cookie kill to get back into the PhotoPost. But it has only been a few hours since I made your suggested change.
However, it still is not working as I would expect it should.
1. I came back to the forum after a few hours away since last visit. I was already logged in as I would expect to be since I checked that box during previous log in.
2. I then went to the PhotoPost and found I was not logged in anymore.
3. I went back to the forum, and was still logged in there.
4. Again went back to the PhotoPost and still not logged in.
5. I went ahead and logged in at PhotoPost and was able to log in sucessfully without having to do the cookie kill dance.
So, it looks like maybe your code edit did have a positive effect on the having to kill cookies. Little early to know for sure but hope so!
But, obviously a valid login cookie still was on my system in order for phpbb2 to show me logged in when I returned. But for some reason, after a period of time, PhotoPost is not reading that cookie or not reading it correctly to show me still logged in. An expiration issue maybe?
Do phpBB2 and PhotoPost use the same cookie for determing whether a user is logged in? If so, wonder why PP isn't reading it after a period of time. If not, could it be setting an incorrect expiration time when it creates the PP cookie?
Anyway, I hope this description helps you find the reasons. I will keep you posted. Fingers crossed that the code change stops the need to do the cookie kill dance to get back in. Thanks again.