I have a few questions... we like Photopost for all of its features. However, it is still a completely different code set from vB
, as where vBadvanced Gallery appears to be more inline with how vB
was coded. I'm assuming that will make it easier to tie into vB
in ways that PP might be difficult.
There are a couple customizations that we've made to have Photopost more integrated into vB
that I'll need to make sure this Gallery script can do before we can really consider this as an option. Here are the necessities:
- Place a "My Gallery" link in vB
Profile pages and on Postbit pages next to posts by that user.
- Place the photo count in the vB
Profile. So if a user has uploaded 10 photos, it will say that in their profile.
And here are things that we've always wanted to do with Photopost that we couldn't, but would like to see if it's possible with this Gallery:
- Have the ability to show all photos uploaded by a user (or at least the first 5-10) in their vB
profile page. Similar to how the "View all of this User's Photos" works.
- Allow each user to choose whether or not they want to allow comments at the time of uploading their photos.
- Give the photo owner the permission to moderate the comments made on their photos, and prevent users in their ignore lists from commenting on their photos.
- Take away uploading priveleges on a per-user basis. Basically, ban them from using the gallery, but not the forums.
- Show the best rated photo on other non-Gallery pages.
- Show the last 5 photos on non-Gallery pages.
Please let me know if these options are possible, and if they aren't now, how difficult would it be to make them available? Is there customization support from you guys? Obviously, we'd need to import all of our previous images from Photopost to vBadvanced Gallery. I'm sure you guys can do this, right?