Just got 4.8.6 - - will hopefully be able to try it out today. I'm getting pretty close to launch, though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it now or have to wait. I also have about 1000 images already uploaded by ~750 users (phpbb2 users), so the "upgrade" is pretty important. If I can't upgrade, then I will have to associate some of them manually and just put the others in a general archive. :-(
No way I have time to clean up all of those manually.
Thanks for the tip about 4.8.6.