I have checked and rechecked the file permissions on all files in all folders. No difference.
I downloaded copies of all files and folders for backup. Then uploaded fresh files minus the config file and install files and then set, checked, and rechecked permissions. Still no difference and no access. I uploaded the install.php to call it to see if it will even show up. It comes up okay - I closed it and deleted it. I then tried opening adm-index.php in my browser and I get nothing.
I requested a site statistics report which is where I was told I would see error logs. It only states 500 Internal server Error and gives no specifics.
side remains working.