OK .... based on Batmon's suggestions in this *Nuke thread
, I'm going ahead and modifying PP to some extent to see how well it'll work as an embedded PostNuke module. Almost the same changes would apply to PHPNuke. This doesn't involve any external URL rewrites, so not web server dependent.
Progress so far:
- add "EMBEDDED' flag to main PHP files. Or maybe use the $Globals['vbulletin']
to tell if embedded or not ?
- have to add PostNuke header/footer calls to each main PHP file based on this flag. Allows PP to operate standalone too.
- This flag needed by printheader
to NOT output the leading HTML code, else there's duplicate HTML tags <head><title><body> etc.
- also have to add in the style sheets based on same flag
- mod printfoot
to not output closing </body></html> tags based on same flag
- use Batmon's url_link
or equivalent to modify the PP URL's based on same flag, so they use the PostNuke URL syntax now.
- ?? I'm sure I'll run into other issues as I go. Michael P/omegatron ..... any more thought to incorporating said changes into the code if it proves successful ?
Don't have a visible demo just yet, but looks hopeful so far. I'll try to get a demo up over the coming weekend.
Yes, I'm aware of something similar at www.anointed.net
(nice job there too)
Yes, I know I can post this on www.photopostdev.com
, but since these changes would be incorporated into the core code, I kinda feel this is the spot for now. Though I'll post it over there too.